Low Fat Fibre Pastry
- 2/3 cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1/3 cup White Self-raising Flour
- 2 Tbsp Polyunsaturated Margarine
- 2 Tbsp Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup Iced Water
- Mix together wholemeal flour and sifted white self-raising flour.
- Cut in well chilled margarine using 2 knives, until mixture is the size of peas.
- Cut in ricotta cheese. Stir in iced water using a fork, only adding liquid to dry areas.
- Form into a smooth ball and knead a couple of times. Refrigerate until required.
- Roll out pastry, being careful to lift rolling pin as you reach the edge. Place in a pie dish and finish as desired.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!