Tomato, Zucchini & Basil Muffins
- 2 cup Self-raising Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/2 cup Oat Bran
- 1 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 pc Egg Lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Skim Milk
- 1 cup Zucchini Grated
- 1/3 cup Basil Chopped
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- Preheat oven to moderate 180°C.
- Prepare a 12-hole muffin tin with muffin papers.
- Sift flour, baking powder and soda in a medium bowl. Stir through oat bran. Make well in centre.
- Using a large table fork, stir in combined apple sauce, oil, egg, skim milk, zucchini, basil, tomato paste, salt and pepper until the mixture is just combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown and cooked through (use the Toothpick Test).
- Stand in pan 5 minutes before turning muffins onto wire rack to cool.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!