Vegetarian Italian Sauce
This features T.V.P. (Textured Vegetable Protein), a fat free, high quality protein made from soya beans.
- 1 pc Medium Onion Finely chopped
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves Crushed
- 1 pc Tomatoes Tinned (400g)
- 1/2 cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 cups Water (500ml)
- 2 pcs Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp Lite or Table Salt
- 1 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup T.V.P. (75g)
- 1 Tbsp Mono/Poly Unsaturated Oil
- Place onion and garlic with oil in a heavy based saucepan. Stir fry until soft and lightly coloured.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, water, bay leaves, sugar, nutmeg, oregano, salt and black pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat, stir in T.V.P. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Reheat over low heat for 20 minutes before serving.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!