Whole Turkey with Asparagus, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and White Bean Salad
Instead of the usual roast turkey and veges, give this a try!
- 3 kg Ingham Whole Turkey
- 2 cans (425g each) Cannellini Beans Drained and rinsed
- 3 Bunches Asparagus Spears Trimmed, cut in half
- 500 g Baby Roma Tomatoes Halved lenghtways
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Coating of Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Pinch Cracked Black Pepper
- 1 cup Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves Roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place a rack into a large roasting dish. Pour ½ cup water into roasting dish. Pat turkey dry, inside and out with paper towels.
- Fill turkey cavities with stuffing of choice optional.
- Place turkey on rack in roasting dish, tucking neck flap underneath the turkey. Tie legs together with unwaxed kitchen string. Loosely cover turkey with a large sheet of aluminium foil. Place pan in lowest shelf in oven. Roast for 2 hours 25 minutes or until turkey is golden and cooked through when tested with a skewer. (When pierced with a skewer in the thickest part of the thigh, juices should run clear). Add more water to pan if necessary.
- Meanwhile, combine cannellini beans, asparagus, tomatoes and lemon juice in a large roasting pan or ovenproof dish. Season well with freshly-ground black pepper and spray with olive oil spray. Place in oven on rack above turkey for 15 minutes.
- Stir and roast for a further 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender. Fold through parsley.
- Transfer turkey to a large serving platter. Spoon vegetables and beans around turkey and serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!