Aussie Beef Stew
A traditional beef and potato stew.
- 1 kg Lean Round Steak (cut into 5cm cubes)
- 2 pcs Large Potatoes (250g each) Thinly sliced
- 4 pcs Medium Carrots (140g each) Thinly sliced
- 2 cups Water
- 1 Sachet French Onion Soup Mix Reduced salt
- 1 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 Beef of Bacon Stock Cube
- 3/4 cup Green Peas Canned, drained (270g)
- 2 Tbsp Oatbran
- In a large saucepan, combine beef, 3 cups water, soup mix, carrots, potatoes, tomato paste, herbs and stock cube.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer for 60 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add oatbran and peas to casserole; stir through. Continue to simmer for a few minutes until stew is thickened.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!