- 1 Kilogram Potatoes Unpeeled
- 1 Piece Egg Yolk
- 3/4 Cup Plain White Flour
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prick the unpeeled potatoes with a fork and bake for one hour.
- Remove from oven; while still warm, peel and mash. Put in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste. Make a well in the centre and add the egg yolk, most of the flour and the salt. Work in by hand.
- When mixture is a dough consistency, transfer to a lightly floured surface and kneed gently with lightly floured hands. Work in the remaining flour.
- Divide into eight equal portions. Roll each piece into a 20cm sausage. Cut into 1cm pieces with a floured knife. Place each piece on a fork and pres down and roll the dough with your finger.
- Dust with flour after putting on a tray - do not overlap.
- Cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of boiling water for 2-3 minutes, or until they float.
- Serve hot with your favourite pasta sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!