Old Fashioned Baked Beans
- 2 Cups Dried Cannellini or Haricot Beans (440g)
- 1/4 Cup Treacle (90g)
- 1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire Saurce
- 1/2 Tsp Lite or Table Salt
- 1 Can Tomatoes (425g)
- 1 Piece Medium Onion Finly chopped (100g)
- Rinse beans in cold water then place in a large saucepan of boiling water. Return to the boil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover and leave to swell and soften for 1 hour. Drain.
- Place tomatoes, treacle, onion, dry mustard, Worcestershire Saauce and salt in a large casserole. Stir in prepared beans. Cover and place in a slow oven for 4 - 6 hours. Very slow baking allows the full flavour to develop.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!