- 2 pcs Eggs 48g
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 3/4 cup Matzo Meal
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 'Lite' Salt and Pepper to Taste Ground
- 2 Tbsp Chicken Broth
- Beat the eggs and oil together in a bowl, then add 1/2 cup of matzo meal, 1/2 tsp of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Stir until ingredients are combined and form a smooth batter. Slowly stir in the broth.
- Cover the batter and refridgerate for 20 minutes until the batter thickens.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the remaining salt, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Wet your hands and start to form 1 tsp of the batter at a time into small balls. The batter should be too soft to form smooth balls. If you are not sure, cook a ball for 10 minutes or so and taste it. If necessary you can then add a Tbsp of matzo meal to the batter.
- When all the balls are in the water, cover and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes, until they are firm.
- Remember to keep the balls warm by leaving in the covered pan until ready to serve. If necessary they can be stored in the fridge in the cooking liquid and later warmed in the same liquid.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!