Orecchiette with Minted Lentils and Feta
- 100 g Green Beans
- 150 g Orecchiette
- 2 pcs Cloves Garlic Chopped
- 400 g Tinned Brown Lentils Drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Mint
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 pc Small Spanish Onion Sliced
- 1/2 cup Basil Leaves Torn
- 75 g Reduced-fat Feta Crumbled
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for three minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Cut the beans into thirds. Add the orecchiette to the water and cook according to the instructions on the packet. Drain and set aside.
- Spray a frying pan with cooking spray and add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the lentils and cook for two to three minutes or until they have warmed through. Stir the mint, balsamic vinegar, onion and basil through the lentils.
- Toss the lentil mixture and green beans through the orecchiette, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the feta. Serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!