This recipe is an excellent introduction to cooking with tofu.
- 250 g Tofu
- 2 pcs Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 Tbsp Sherry
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast (not bread yeast)
- 1/4 cup Wholemeal Flour
- 1 pc Medium Sized Onion Diced finely
- 1 Tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
- Remove tofu from its package and stand on a sloping board for a few minutes, allowing any excess liquid to drain away.
- Crumble tofu into a bowl, add onion and garlic, then the remaining ingredients.
- Mix together well, then working with wet hands, divide the mixture into quarters, then eighths. Shape each portion into a 7-10cm patty.
- Heat a non-stick pan; cook for 5 minutes per side, or until the burgers are golden brown.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!